Monday, August 10, 2009

Camping at Tibble Fork

She isn't really holding fire!!
Roasting a hot dog!
Sweet Maddy!


Fun with cousins!


The kids were all such great helpers gathering fire wood!!
The salamander/newt that wandered into camp. We took it down to the reservoir and let it go.


The kids were feeding the little pot guts their doritos! They were pretty friendly little rodents!

We finally made it up camping this year, it only took until August but oh well! We went up American Fork Canyon to Tibble Fork with Ryan and Melinda and family. We were a little worried with the threatening storm clouds and lightning and thunder but felt we better just go for it and luckily it all worked out. The weather cleared long enough for us to cook hot dogs and tinfoil dinners and even make smores. Hannah and Megan just kept asking to go to bed because they were so excited to sleep in the tent in their sleeping bags, so I finally gave in and took the girls in to go to bed once it was dark! They all slept great even though Rob and I were woken up by huge thunder crashes and bright bolts of lightning across the sky!! It always sounds worse in the tent and it actually didn't rain too much. The morning cleared up and after breakfast we headed to the reservoir so the kids could play and we had lunch there. We had such a great time, the girls just kept saying how much fun it was to go camping. I think they just loved to get dirty and play with their cousins. It sure is a lot of work for one night but well worth the memories!!

1 comment:

Roxanne Christensen said...

OHHHHH ,

I miss my family!!! I so wish I could of been there to go on the cookout! They're my favorite!! All the kids are growing up!! I MISS YOU ALL. LOVE YOU ALL
Don't forget Aunt Roxy!!