Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween Fun!

The Halloween fun began on Thursday, I helped out at Megan's preschool party and also at Hannah's class party. I helped with some fun games with Megan's class and played Bingo with Hannah's. It was fun!

Megan's teacher, Mrs. Kristie, was dressed up a the Mad Hatter, it was awesome!!

Me and Megs!

Hannah in her parade at school, she was a Queen.

Then Friday night we had our ward Trunk or Treat. Here is Wyatt in his Lemur costume!

Daddy and the kids.

The whole gang! Megan was a fairy, Maddy a ballerina princess, Wyatt a lemur, Hannah a queen.

Wyatt was our only decoration for the Trunk or Treat, but he was a big hit!


Then Saturday morning bright and early I met up with the girls and we headed up to run the Halloween Half Marathon, my first half marathon!! It was an amazing run! It started up at the Alpine loop and came down Provo Canyon and ended at the Riverwoods Mall. It was a gorgeous day and I ended up doing better than I thought, I was expecting to do it in 2:20 min but did it in 2:03!! It was a great experience and I can't wait to do it again!
****Alyssa Welsch, Heather Christensen, Me, Lynsee Lee, Heather Clarke
Rob wrote "Go Mom" on the girl's cheeks and they were all waiting cheering me on as I ran the final stretch to the finish line. It was so awesome to see them standing their with huge smiles on their faces waiting for me to come!! Kathy came down too to support me and it was so nice of her! Unfortunately Rob forgot the camera (he did have 4 kids to get ready and get there on time), so we didn't get any pictures at the finish line, but next time for sure!! Thanks Rob and kids for all the support, I couldn't have done it without them!



Instead of carving pumpkins this year we just let the girls all paint one, which they thought was fun too!
Halloween night...a huge storm came through and it was sooo windy and rainy and even hailing! Rob drove the kids around to a few of their friends/teachers houses but they didn't get a whole lot of trick or treating in, but still plenty of candy! They loved passing out the candy to the few trick or treaters we had come to the door though!
It was a great Halloween!

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

I am busting up over that cute picture of Wyatt in the Pilot! I'm sure everyone was dying over the cuteness!! No need to decorate the trunk when you have him around. He'd steal the show anyway!

Melinda said...

Cute post. I'm so proud of you and Heather for doing that Marathon. You guys are awesome. The kids are so cute in their costumes. Looks like you had a wonderful Halloween.

Love ya!

Laurie said...

Wow, you're so cool. I wish I'd known you were doing the race-- I totally would have joined you, even if it was only at the finish line. Those things always make me teary-eyed. Such an acccomplishment.
And, yes, your kids are crazy cute. I wish we saw you more often!