My family was always big on new year resolutions, whereas Rob's family I guess wasn't because he sure isn't big on doing them. But, I decided to do a little family night lession on making some new year resolutions. We made some goals as a family, family prayer and scripture reading, helping each other out more, speaking kindly, being polite, all things to make our home a happier place this year. Mommy (me) said I would stop yelling, already broke that resolution, but I am trying and Daddy said he would drink less Dr. Pepper, which also has yet to happen! I choose not to share Rob's other resolutions..... Megan's resolution was to cry less and Hannah's were to be more cheerful (I suggested that one), clean up in the mornings, no fighting, pray, math, and reading. I like being able to start the year out trying to be better and want to show my kids that we can always be working to improve ourselves. I think I need the most improvement honestly and I am hoping this will be a great year for that!
Also, new for this year, Hannah's first grounding for throwing a huge fit when she had friends over. Oh wonderful....
Here is to all that fun girl drama!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So hard huh!? I made a resolution to play with each of my kids each day, but for some reason it is so hard for me! Chloe asked me to play dolls with her, which I just am not so good at doing! I am too lazy!
Here's to doing better! :) One day at a time right?
Beck, you both are great parents! I love reading your blog. Thank you for sharing. I love seeing the love your family shares. I would love to learn from you and your family. I love you all!
Post a Comment