August 31, 2013
Hadley is ONE!
Our sweet little girl turned 1! I can't believe it! This year has flown by, seriously. I have loved having a baby again and I have snuggled her up like nobody's business. You are so loved Miss Hadley!We lucked out and had warm weather, which meant warm nights and not freezing or behinds off! Hadley slept most of the night with us, but otherwise did good. She loved the tent and playing peek-a-boo with the wall.
It was fun to get on the boat with Grandma and Grandpa so they could see the kids wakeboard. Hannah gets better every time. Megan was nervous and went once, but was crying she was so nervous. Then later when she was on the boat without us she went again and they said she did great! I am so glad, I don't want her to let her nervousness get the better of her and have her stop doing it. Maddy loves going with Rob, maybe next year we'll get her up on her own!
We had fun playing on the beach. Hadley is such an outdoor baby and she was so good just crawling around and eating snacks. One of my favorite parts was getting to go out on the jet ski with Rob. It reminded me of when we were dating, I held onto him as tight as I could so I wouldn't go flying off as he drove so fast and crazy! It was a blast! I love him!! The kids all loved having Rob take them out on the jet ski as well, Maddy and Hannah wanted to go fast, fast, fast and Megan and Wyatt liked going slower. Wyatt got to go out with both Bret and Wynn and they let him drive, he thought that was cool!
At lunch we sang happy birthday to Hadley and gave her a cream puff, which really she didn't eat but she did taste the frosting. I had made cupcakes, but left them in the car and they melted all over and were gross looking.
Austin just loves Hadley and I spied him over there trying to get her to sit on his lap.
During the auction I spotted these two boys over doing their own thing. I wonder what they were talking about?
That night we drove into Roosevelt, about 30 minutes away to a restaurant called The Frontier with Wynn and Kay, Jeff and Sara, Bret and Lisa, Jas and Bon, Annie and Duncan, Grandma, and a whole slew of kids! Here is the kids table.
Maddy snuggling with Griffen. It was his last weekend before he was leaving for his mission to Tallahassee, Florida on Wednesday, September 4. My kids just all love him, well all the kids do!
We love Griffen so much, he is such a great kid and such a great example to all his younger cousins. I can't wait to get another picture in two years when he gets back and see how they have all grown.
September 1, 2013
Sunday was overcast and cool and we hung around in the morning for a few hours before heading home. The kids were building a wall out of rocks, they wanted to close in the whole pavilion. It was a great trip! Next year I want to stay longer and keep the boat up there. All that work for just two days of camping, we need to stay longer for sure, plus the kids love it so much.
1 comment:
What a great example Griffen is for the kids...that will be a great picture when he gets home! Have this one handy and have them all stand in the same spot!
Love all you little darlings! What fun times...
Post a Comment