Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Answer to Prayer

I just wanted to record an experience I had on Saturday.  It was small and simple but it meant a lot to me.  Rob and I were assigned to do sealings on Saturday night at 8 p.m. for our ward.  We started getting ready around 6 with plans to leave early to go to dinner.  I got out my temple bag and checked to make sure my recommend was there and it was gone.  I never take it or put it anywhere else so I didn't even know where to begin to look.  Rob was already dressed and ready to go and was like, "we have to go."  He didn't want to let Brother Franson down.  I called the temple to see if I had left it there last time but no luck there.  I said a silent prayer asking for help to find it so we could go to the temple.  I was sitting on my bed and looked across the room at a set of scriptures sitting there and had the thought to look in my scriptures on my nightstand.  I opened the cover and sitting right there was my recommend!  It was a great feeling to know Heavenly Father listened and answered my prayer.  I have no idea still how it ended up there, but I am so grateful to be able to get help from my Heavenly Father.

I did find out later we could have just gone to the temple and they would have looked up my membership record and let me in anyway, but I was glad to have found my actual recommend.

No comments: