Saturday, January 23, 2016

We made it to the hospital

I was admitted at 23 weeks and 5 days on July 30, 2015.  
24 weeks pregnant and admitted at UVRMC until I delivered.  I was in room 5.

Rob sent me pictures of things going on at home.




The kids were there when we met with the MFM doctor once and got to see the twins on the ultrasound.

Monitoring the babies heart beats.  Red was baby A and green was baby B.



Grandma and Grandpa came each Sunday I was there and brought dinner with them.  It was a welcome break from the hospital food and great to have visitors.  They also brought a bunch of coloring/activity books for the kids to work on and they decorated my room with a bunch of pictures they painted and colored.

Typical tray of food.  Room service was a great perk.
The view out my window.


Melinda sent these pictures from a day she tended.
Wyatt learned to LOVE the game of war while I was in the hospital.
Freshly made bed after a shower.



Maddy's first soccer practice, Rob sent me the picture.
This was the goal we had made when I was admitted.  28 weeks was the first milestone we wanted to hit. Rob added live at the hospital.
The kids made a huge Get Well Soon sign that they hung in the window in my room and you could see it from the street driving in.
Bonnie came and took me on a wheelchair ride one day.

Watching a movie in the room.
The emotions of the hospital were so raw, I cried I think every day at some point.  One of the hardest times was when Rob and the kids would leave at night and I would be left there alone.  I was still leaking fluid everyday and then about 1 week into the stay I started bleeding again.  I wore a pad and every time I changed it they weighed it and kept track of how much I was bleeding.  Their concern with the blood was possibly a partial placental abruption. I was started on iron because of the amount of blood I was losing.  It was terrifying every time I went to the bathroom and saw blood or when I was laying in bed and felt a big gush of fluid or blood.  The most terrifying was going to bed, probably because my labors usually had started in the night and I was so worried about waking up in labor.  I prayed every night to stay pregnant and every morning thanked Heavenly Father I was still pregnant.

No comments: