Wednesday, January 16, 2013
A Mother's Touch
There are some privileges reserved just for mothers and being able to calm a fussy baby is one of those. Of course nursing babies are soothed very easily by their mothers, and dad's just can't come up with anything to compete with that, but even without going to the boob babies just love their mommas. Tonight Hadley woke up just after I had fed her and put her back down and I sent Rob up to do his job and get her back to sleep. He always just rolls his eyes and goes dutifully up to her room where he knows in about 2 minutes I'll be following him up because she starts screaming louder and getting more upset when it isn't mommy that comes into her room. I go in and as soon as she feels my hand on her cheek she stops crying and starts rooting, I stick in the binky and keep my hand on her cheek and she relaxes, turns her head to nuzzle my hand, and slowly drifts back into dreamland. It only takes a few minutes and I can pull my hand away and sneak out of the room (although I would love to pick her up and snuggle her all night in my arms), I have work to get to and other things to do tonight. Of course sometimes I get frustrated when Rob can't soothe her or when it is inconvenient for me to spend those few extra minutes, but most of the time I am glad she wants me and I am happy to be the one to spend time snuggling her sweet little head under my chin and kissing her soft baby hair, and even occasionally taking a nap together if all other things fall into place (other kids sleeping as well). She is an angel and I love her so much, her huge smile when she sees me in the morning or after a nap, the way she pulls my hair all day and grabs at my shirt (or my skin) while I nurse her, and the way she laughs and smiles for her brother and sisters and blows raspberries at them (which Hannah swears she taught her). We all love you Hadley Kate, thanks for being ours.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How sweet to record those precious thoughts and feelings so you can always remember! I am so glad you are enjoying your baby!! Wish I could be there to enjoy her more but snuggle her for me, too!
Post a Comment