Sunday, October 3, 2010
Dad
I had a dream last night about my Dad and I really wish I could remember all the details leading up to when I saw him in my dream. I only remember getting together as a family and seeing my brother and other people walking towards me and then noticing my dad behind them, he was wearing what looked like church clothes, a white shirt with the collar undone and his tie was not yet tied, but hanging around his neck. He had on black pants and his church shoes and when I caught a glimpse of him and then saw him smile as he saw me I just ran to him and he gave me a huge hug! All I remember him saying was how much he missed me and how he loved me! Then I woke up, I think maybe because it seemed so real to me, but I wished I would have stayed asleep and spent more time with him. Oh how I miss him!! I am tasting salty tears as I write this, the memory was so vivid of him that everytime I think of it I start crying, wishing it was real and that he was here. I am sure it was really him, sending me a message in my sleep, letting me know he is aware of me and watching over me and that he misses me! Sometimes I think we forget that they miss us too, we think about our loss and that they are no longer here and forget they lost us too, although I am sure they have the benefit of seeing us in ways we do not see them. How long will it be before I am reunited with him? I am sure (I hope) it will be a long time as we see it, but I know in the eternal aspect it will not be that long and then we will be together forever and he will know my children and we will have an eternity to all spend together!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Thanks for Sharing Becky! You always have such a positive eternal perspective. It really helped my testimony to hear you tell me about your dad on our run that day. He sounds awesome, and I am sure he misses you tons!!!
I've had "experiences" where I have felt like my dad was trying to let me know he was aware as well. Those are blessed tender mercies. Glad you got one!
You and your dad had a special bond and I remember he was there at your marriage in the temple. I am so glad you had that sweet experience of seeing and hugging him in your dream. I know how real that can feel. Thanks for sharing, darling! He already knows all your kids...he knew them before you did! But it will be sweet to be together as a forever family one day. Love you Becky-do-boo...
Post a Comment