Monday, October 18, 2010

Wyatt is ONE!

October 15, 2009!

October 15, 2010---He's a big boy now!!

His train cake.
Opening presents.

Putting toys together with Daddy.

He got all shy when everyone was singing Happy Birthday to him!

I love this look he was giving Aunt Bonnie!

He ditched the fork and really got into it!
Yum, yum!

Sitting like a king!I promise I thought I had turned this picture! :) Oh well!

Wyatt is one! Wow, that flew by! About two weeks before his birthday he started taking steps, just a few at a time and still hasn't really progressed to full on walking yet, but he is close! The night of his party with Rob's family he was really showing off and walking all around!
The day of his birthday was pretty anti-climatic actually. I was so excited, but Rob had to leave before Wyatt even woke up and got home right before Wyatt was ready for bed, but we still gave him his presents, a big tonka truck and a basketball hoop, and he loved both! It is fun to have some official boy toys in the house!
We have had a great year with Wyatt, he is really a good boy most of the time. He plays really well on his own and also loves to follow the girls around. His favorite time of day seems to be right before bed. I usually take him up to his room to get ready for bed, get him all lotioned up (his eczema is really bad), a new diaper, and jammies, and most of that time I spend chasing him down because he just wants to play with his toys he hasn't seen all day! Daddy always comes up and they usually play some tractors or wrestle and Wyatt is always sad to go to bed. He also LOVES to brush his teeth. When he hears us say it to the girls he follows them to the bathroom and grunts and points until we get his toothbrush and let him brush his teeth. It is so funny!! He also loves loud noises like trucks or planes or trains, he hears it and his eyes get wide and he grunts and points and thinks it is soo cool! He does say Mama, ball, uh-oh, and we have heard Hannah before too! I am excited for this next year, but I can't believe my baby is 1!! Wow! We love you Super Wy!!

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

I love it!! He's so big, I can't even believe it! And that look he's giving me, is pure love and admiration! Lol! We are pretty tight, ya know. :)
The cake was awesome. :)

Anonymous said...

I love the closeup of him with frosting all over his face!! He is the spitting image of his daddy! Two peas in a pod! He is so grown up! I remember holding him as a tiny newborn...sweet little boy! Miss you all! Love you Wyatt!
AK Grandma Cakes