Friday, November 30, 2012

Hannah


November 28, 2012



Dear Mr. and Mrs. Clayton,
 
I just wanted to let you know what an amazing and mature little girl, Hannah is. I'm sure you already know this, but sometimes it is nice to hear it from someone else. She has been so sweet and sensitive to Lydia in our class. Lydia is our spotlight student this week and she said that she does not have any friends. I 
think it was so thoughtful of Hannah to take it upon herself to reach out to Lydia. She brought her that          present the next day and she said the kindest things to her on her spotlight page. She has even made an effort to play with her at recess. It has made the world to Lydia and her mom. Her mom told me that Lydia has been praying for a friend and then Hannah came along. Lydia is a very smart girl and she has a wonderful family. They would love  to have Hannah and Lydia get together some time if you are interested. You can call me 
or send me an  e-mail and I can give her number to you. Her mom's name is Wendy and she said that she 
would love for you to call her and Hannah can come over and play. I just wanted to compliment you on        raising such a kind and thoughtful girl. She just does it naturally and it is so fun to witness.
 
Thank you,
Mrs. Fox
 
==========
Laurel Fox
Hannah Clayton's 2nd Grade Homeroom Teacher
Reagan Academy




We got this email from Hannah's teacher and it was an amazing feeling, not that 
Rob and I can take much credit because Hannah does these things naturally without being asked or told to, but it was so awesome to see how her kindness had 
touched someone else's life.  And honestly it came at a good time because we 
definitely have our struggles with Hannah, she is so stubborn and strong willed 
that at times we can get into pretty ugly arguments and we had been having a lot 
of them lately.  Seeing Hannah through her teacher's eyes helped me to sit back 
and remember how truly amazing Hannah is, how she is constantly giving of herself to others, she often brings home treats from school she has saved for her 
sisters and brother or Rob and I.  She can easily see when other people may be 
feeling bad or left out and makes an effort to be a good friend. I am so lucky to be her mom and I love her oh so much! 


1 comment:

Stay Tan in Homer said...

I teared up reading this again. She is sweet and thoughtful and what a great blessing to have her in your family! Love you Hannah-banana!