Sunday, May 26, 2013

Blue Sky Adventures for Hannah's 8th Birthday

May 18, 2013

 On Hannah's birthday we got up and I made crepes for breakfast and then she opened her gifts before Rob left for work.  She wanted new horse bedding for her bed and the above picture that matches.  We had a surprise for her that day, I dropped off the girls at Melinda's house and Wyatt went to work (aka Bonnie's house) with Rob and Hannah and I headed up to Kamas, Utah to Blue Sky Ranch to ride horses!

Isn't she adorable in her riding helmet??
 Ashley helped her get all situated on her horse, Powerhouse.

 It was clear, until we started riding and then it started raining and we all got kind of soaked, but guess who didn't care one bit?  That's right, Hannah!  You can see the water line on her jeans in the pictures.  We rode 3 miles up to a little meadow and cabin where we stopped for lunch.






 Then we got loaded back up on the horses to start the ride back down.  Don't you just love my poncho?  And my helmet?  I figured if Hannah had to wear one I better wear one too!  The guy to the left of me who photo bombed my picture, haha, he is the owner of Blue Sky, he was a great guy who had a lot of great stories.


 It was a beautiful place and on the ride back the rain had stopped and it was more enjoyable, for me at least.  My horse was named Jesse and he was kind of a stubborn guy.

When we got back one of the ladies there was showing us around the place.  In one of the stalls they had 4 baby calves who they were bottle feeding.  One of the calf's mother had died and the three others were each a twin that they had taken from their moms because they weren't being cared for well enough.  They said the mother usually chooses one calf to take care of if she has twins and the other is kind of neglected.  They were so cute and one of them, Hank, was licking our hands.  He was so sweet!



And then we met Pearl, or Little Miss Minnie Pants, and Hannah was in love!  And who wouldn't be, she was the sweetest little pony and the perfect size for Hannah!  It was hard getting her to leave, she would have stayed all day.  On the drive home she said it was the best birthday present ever and she had so much fun!  It was great for Hannah and I to spend some time together and I really enjoyed it.  Happy Birthday Hannah!!

No comments: