Monday, June 24, 2013

Hannah's Baptism Day

June 8, 2013











Bishop Packer and Hannah
Natalie Parker and Hannah

Hannah's baptism day was a great day.  We spent the morning getting the house and food ready for the family to come over afterward.  Hilary came over a little early to help and also took the family pictures for us.     We headed over to the church about 3:45 p.m.  There was another family doing their own baptism that day as well, so they had already filled the font for us, we just had to add a little more water as it had drained some.  We got everything ready and Hannah and Rob changed, which I was so relieved Hannah didn't throw a fit about the jumper because she was not excited to wear it.  It was so funny because neither her nor Rob wanted to walk around or move at all once they had their jumpers on, those two are so alike!  The service was great, our Bishop, Kenneth Packer conducted and Grandma and Grandpa said the opening and closing prayers.  Ryan gave a talk on baptism and I gave one on the Holy Ghost.  Melinda sang, "Teach Me To Walk in the Light," it was beautiful.  Then Rob performed the baptism and the confirmation.  There was a very strong spirit there and we had so many of our friends and family there to support Hannah and we felt very loved.  Hannah was glowing and had such a sweet spirit with her.  We all headed over to our house for some dinner and had a great night visiting and hanging out.  I thought I would be a little more emotional on this big milestone day for our family, our oldest getting baptized, but I didn't cry.  I did feel great peace and love for Hannah and I am so proud of her for choosing to be baptized.  She already has a strong testimony and I am grateful for her example to all of us.

1 comment:

AK Grandma said...

Love this account of Hannah's baptism. Beautiful pictures and I feel such a great spirit reading this! Love you all and so sad I missed this awesome day!