We had been planning our trip to Hawaii for years, literally years! We said at about 5 years of marriage that for our 10 year anniversary we are going!! Then about 2 years before the trip we decided to ask TJ and Lynsey if they would be interested in coming and they were. Then about 13 months before we booked the condo (Mom is so awesome and let us use her timeshare) through Worldmark in Kihei, Maui. Months and months passed and finally it was time to go! It was so much harder than I anticipated leaving the kids especially Hadley. I cried and cried the night before we left and the kids cried and cried when we left. But, once we got through the plane rides and getting to our condo and really not until the next day did I relax enough to start enjoying myself. And seriously it helped so much having TJ and Lynsey there, if Rob and I were there alone I worry we would have just been missing the kids and not enjoying ourselves. And having Lynsey and TJ helped me feel less homesick (I get homesick so easily), but I still never lost that empty feeling because our kids were not with us. Anyway, the plus side is it was AMAZING and RELAXING and REJUVENATING!! It was great to miss our kids and look forward to being back home doing the everyday things and it was great to have our kids miss us and realize how much they do love us. :) The time spent with Rob, having him all to myself, no work or kids distractions was the best. We had fun and played in the waves and swam together in the pool, and kissed in the hot tub. We snorkeled and saw turtles and sting ray and experienced new things together. And it reaffirmed to me how in love with him I really am, how blessed I am to have him as my husband and father to my children, and how after all these many years we still have fun together and we are still something special.
Going with TJ and Lynsey was a blast! They are so fun and we just all got along great, they were easy going and were up for anything. We definitely got out and did more because they were there, but we also got in plenty of beach time. We have great memories that I will always be grateful for!
Now, where should we go for our next trip? I told Rob for our 20 year anniversary, and he said how about for 15, so we better get planning!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment