Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July!!!

Cheese!!
Maddy, Melinda, and Carter! Maddy 10 months, Carter 31/2 months!!!!
Yummy breakfast!
Maddy and Grandpa!
Mason, Grandpa, and Megan.
Cute cousins!!


Swinging at Nana and Poppy's house! (Melinda's parents)

Playing in the sprinkles (sprinklers) as the girls say!


Watching the end of the parade.
Mmmm, Oreos!
Little Cookie Monster trying to sneak a cookie!

Oooooh, fireworks!
Megan, Grandma, and Summer
Uncle Rob was quite popular with the neices and nephews tonight!!
We had an awesome 4th of July celebrating with family and friends! We first went to the neighborhood breakfast in our old neighborhood in Sandy and saw lots of old friends and of course Ryan and Melinda and Mark and Kathy. They had a really nice flag ceremony and started the day with the Pledge of Allegiance and the National Anthem! It sure was a great start for celebrating this great nation we live in.
We then went and hung out at Rob's parent's house and the girls had fun playing outside in the sprinklers. Rob's family and some family friends came over for a BBQ later that day before we headed over for the fireworks.
We met up with Ryan and Melinda and the kids along with Mark and Kathy, Annie and Duncan and their kids, and Bryce and Nicole, some family friends over at Sandy City where we hung out and the kids loaded up on sugar from Grandma and played with their glow sticks (thanks Ryan!!). It was a lot of fun until we noticed Baylee was missing. I stayed with the rest of the kids while everyone else went out to search for her in a crowd of thousands. The kids and I said a prayer that Baylee would be brought back safe to us and they would find her quickly. Within a few minutes, which seemed like forever, Melinda came back carrying her. Melinda had went right to the portable police station and Baylee was already there! A nice woman had noticed her following her and went and took her to the police right away. We were so relieved and much more aware for the rest of the evening. Rob and I kept doing a head count the whole rest of the night!!
The kids loved the fireworks!! It was Maddy's first time seeing them and she thought they were pretty awesome! Megs was a little nervous about it all but as long as she was sitting with Grandma or Grandpa she was okay. Hannah loved them, she always has!! They were so tired from such a long day that we loaded them all up in the stroller and all 3 of them crashed within minutes on the walk back to Mark and Kathy's to get our car. I think we were gone for about 16.5 hours that day....but it was so much fun! I am so greatful for this country we live in, for the freedoms we enjoy. Thank you to all those who have served this country, for all those who have fought to preserve our freedoms and keep this country great. I pray that God will continue to bless this great nation!!

2 comments:

AK Grandma said...

Sounds like so much fun I feel like crying that I missed out on it! Love you all and MISS YOU!!
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great 4th of July!!! The kids are all getting bigger! I'm glad you're blogging! Keep the photos coming!!! Love you

Roxy