Saturday, April 3, 2010

Coloring Eggs

Let's get started!

Stir, stir, stir!
What is that??

Smiley man!

Hannah's favorite...and all over her hand!

Megan's favorite

Maddy's favorite

Our final product...pretty awesome!


The girls could not wait for Rob to get home from work to decorate eggs. Megan didn't want to take a nap because she thought we would sneak off and decorate them without her, but after some reassurance she did finally get to sleep.
Megan is very careful with handling the eggs and not getting dye all over herself, while Hannah, the little artist that she is, does not mind to get her hands dirty!! They both dropped one egg each that cracked and had to be eaten. Maddy just wanted to stir the egg around in the cup with the spoon and splash the dye all over and then when we would pull the egg out she would squeal with delight at the color and have to touch it! I loved the colors this year, they were so bright and if you kept the egg in there for a while they turned so dark. Rob was awesome running around the table helping all three girls because of course I was feeding Wyatt when it all got started. It is such a fun tradition and I am glad the girls enjoy it so much! We already had egg salad sandwiches for lunch today, which surprisingly the girls like, well Maddy wasn't too excited, but the other two loved them!

1 comment:

Ryan said...

I think we are going to color eggs tonight. Better late than never, right?

I have a lot of fond memories of coloring eggs when we were young.

Do you the girls try and keep you from eating their favorite eggs. I remember we use to pick our least favorite egg to give to mom to cook, saving our favorite as long as possible.