Tuesday, April 17, 2012

It's a GIRL!







April 16, 2012

We went in for our 20 week ultrasound today. I had a lot of anxiety this time around about having a healthy baby, I am not sure why, I guess thinking about the chances of having 5 healthy babies. I wasn't thinking much about the gender, I was positive it was a boy, I had planned the rooms out that way and was just 100% sure. I had a few dreams about a baby boy and I had no doubt. But, the first thing we saw on the ultrasound was the image right above, I have seen enough ultrasounds of my own that I knew it was a girl, but I was waiting for the technician to say a boy, that I had missed something and was wrong because I am no expert, but he didn't say anything, just typed out GIRL on the screen! Rob was recording with the video to get the kids reaction, but my reaction was probably the biggest, I couldn't believe it! He did all the measuring and said everything looks good and she looked perfectly healthy, which was a relief also. She was yawning and stretching and moving all around and it is truly just amazing to watch. I was so amazed again by the whole miracle of it all. It was so sweet too, while I was laying there watching my baby girl on the screen my other three girls were sitting right behind me playing with my hair. My due date from the ultrasound was only 3 days different, so not much at all, so it looks like it could be either the very end of August or beginning of September. I am hoping she doesn't come on Maddy's birthday, but I guess we'll see.

I'd ask Wyatt if he wanted a boy or a girl and he said boy, but when I asked if he wanted a brother or a sister he would always say sister, so I guess he was playing it safe.


Before we went in for the ultrasound the girls were talking about how they wanted a brother, except Maddy, she has always said it was a girl. I said I'll be happy either way and they all said us too, which I was grateful for. They weren't too disappointed in not getting another brother, hopefully Wyatt won't be either. They already are calling the baby Hadley, a name Rob has liked forever if we had another girl, so we'll see if it sticks.

I can't say I wasn't a little disappointed though, of course I am so excited for another sweet girl, but I was hoping for a brother for Wyatt and as lame as this sounds I was hoping to reuse Wyatt's clothes again. Also, I worry about four daughters, FOUR, holy cow, how can I keep up with that. So much clothes and hair and in the not too distant future make-up and periods and boy trouble and teenage girls! I mean I already had three so it's only one more but it just seems like it tipped the scales big time! I have also been given some nice reassurance from women who married men that had all sisters about how they love it so much, that their husbands are the best because they grew up dealing with women, so I hope for Wyatt's sake he can survive it all and turn out to be an awesome husband and father. I also worry about Wyatt getting spoiled rotten as the only boy...who wouldn't feel a little bad for him, so we'll have to try and keep that in check.


Obviously there is a lot on my mind right now, me the mother of five kids, it is such a great responsibility and I worry about being able to do all that is required. But, for now I will go day by day, being grateful everyday for the chance to be a mother and to be their mother, because I love them all so much and will do anything in the world for them. I can't wait to hold this new baby girl in my arms and welcome her into our family, what a great blessing I know she will be to us.

No comments: