Friday, October 5, 2012

Hadley is 1 Month Old





Wow, one month already.  It goes by fast, yet slow when there is so much adjusting going on.  Seriously I forgot how much work babies are and how much they change your life!  No more last minute decisions, everything has to be so planned out around her schedule.  And the lack of sleep and the use of my arms because they are always holding her.  And then there is the fear of leaving the house because she might decide to cry and be fussy and trying to calm an upset baby with all the other kids needing my attention can just be exacerbating!  She doesn't really like the car, maybe because she is always ready for a nap when I stick her in the car seat and she screams for a good 5 or more minutes before she crashes.  She will occasionally take a binky, but I have to hold it in, she won't keep it in herself.  I definitely would not label her a binky baby...yet.  I will try to make her one for sure!  She has yet to get a bedtime down, she sometimes is down early like 6:30 and other nights not until 9, even though she seems to exhausted she just won't crash and if Daddy has her she just screams.  We are struggling with naps too.  She is just such an alert baby that she has a hard time relaxing to fall asleep, thus usually becoming overtired and then having an even harder time falling asleep.  One day she had only 20 minute naps and both she and I were worn out from it!  She is seriously such a sweetheart though.  She already gives the cutest grins to all of us and she is a good tempered baby.  She gets loved on all day by the kids and puts up with it pretty well, letting them all take turns holding her.  I think she definitely loves her mommy and I cherish the quiet moments when I nurse her and stroke her soft baby hair and hold her little hand in mine.  I love to play with her soft feet  and stroke her cheeks and kiss them over and over.  We sure love you Hadley Kate.  Thank you for coming to our family!  

No comments: