Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Boating!!










Hannah

Maddy going with Daddy


Even Wyatt man gave it a try!
Our first trip out was a little cloudy, but we still had a great time.  Hannah got right up on the wakeboard again and Megan wanted to do it so bad, but she was so scared and didn't end up trying.  Maddy loves going with Rob and it was the first time Wyatt went out with Rob, past years he has been too nervous.  

 This was the morning before our second trip up to the lake.  They have so much energy all the time!

I took this little gem on the drive up to Deer Creek.  Hadley was asleep and holding Hannah's hand.



 Okay, so maybe Megan is more athletic than I give her credit for.  This girl got up her very first try!  First try people!  She was so nervous again and Rob was in the water with her thinking he could help her get up and be there when she kept falling, as most people do when they are learning to get up, but no she popped right up and stayed up forever and we left Rob in the dust!  When she finally fell we had to loop way back to pick up Rob.  She was so thrilled with herself for doing it and she and Austin kept wanting to go, I think they did 3 runs or so.

 Hannah is getting more and more confident on the board and instead of staying in a squat is standing up now.  She even crossed the wake into the center and I know she will just keep doing awesome!

 We gave in and took the life jacket off for little bits of time, its just so uncomfortable!
And yes, even I wakeboarded and man it was awesome!  It has been at least 2 years since I have gone and it made me feel so young! LOL!  But really it was awesome.  Sometimes I fall into the "I'm the mom and can't have any fun" mold and I don't want to be that way, so I am going to start doing more with the kids instead of just watching.  I pinky promised Megan next time I would swim with her, so I better be ready to keep that promise.  We have had so much fun this year, it has been so fun watching all the kids try new things and do awesome at it.  We have so much fun with Jas and Bon and the kids and are so blessed to spend this time together.

1 comment:

Stay Tan in Homer said...

Love it...that is so fun! What great memories you are making...