Sunday, July 7, 2013

Stephanie and Lance's Visit

June 13 through June 17, 2013






























We were so excited when a few months ago Stephanie asked if she and her husband Lance, whom I had never met, could come and see us while they were out this way after a river trip they were doing.  I hadn't seen Steph for about 9 years we figured and she is just the sweetest, kindest person you could ever meet.  They got here on Thursday night, the 13th, and my kids came running down from bed when they heard me screaming in delight when I answered the door!  We introduced the kids quickly and then hurried them back to bed and had a chance to visit just the adults for a few hours.  The next day, the 14th, it was Lance's birthday.  Rob headed off to work, no rest for that man, and the rest of us made a quick visit to his work and then headed up to the Outlets at Traverse Mountain.  It was fun to be able to shop a little, something Steph and I have always enjoyed doing together, and they were so much help with the kids, it was awesome!  We ate at Zupas on the way home and I think they loved it as much as I do.  We got home and started making a cake for Lance and getting a dinner packed to take up to Bridal Veil Falls that night.  We headed out to meet up with Melisa and the kids and Ryan and Melinda up at Bridal Veil Falls.  We had a good time visit, but I was sad Rob didn't make it or Rhett and Heather.  We headed home and finished up Lance's cake and ate birthday cake around 10:00 p.m.!  We then put the kids to bed and Rob, I, Lance, and Steph stayed up until 1 a.m. or so playing Just Dance.  It was a BLAST!
The next day we headed up to Leatherby's for our annual celebration in remembrance of Dad's birthday.  Melisa was able to meet us again and Rhett and Heather made it as well.  After lunch Steph and I headed to H&M because she wanted to go since there isn't one in Tulsa, and the boys went to Scheels to look at guns. We met back up at Ry and Melinda's and they kept the kids so Rob and I could go to dinner with his family at Ruth Chris's (which was delicious)!  After dinner we went back and hung out for a while then headed home.  We stayed up late again just talking and talking.
On Sunday, Father's Day, Steph and Lance came to church with us and then they headed out to visit Melisa one more time.  They made it back in time for dinner and we also had Mark and Kathy for dinner as well.  We stayed up late that night talking as well.
On Monday, we met up with Ryan and a few of his kids at Zupas to have lunch before Lance and Steph started the drive home.
My kids, and Rob and I, just loved the time we spent with Lance and Steph.  They are seriously the kindest, sweetest, so loving, and so sweet with the kids.  We just wish we lived closer and could spend more time together.  We are looking forward to going to visit them in Oklahoma in the near future.

No comments: