Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Swimming at Aunt LaR's

August 8, 2013










Aunt LaR invited anyone in the family that wanted to come over for a swim day.  The kids had a BLAST at her pool.  They loved the slide and they just love the big pools with lots of room to swim and dive for rings.  It was fun for me remembering all the times I went there when I was their age to swim.  The backyard hasn't changed a whole lot but they have remodeled some on the inside and it looks nice.  Grandma was also there, and she loved seeing the kids, but I don't think she even recognized me and she was just so sad the whole time and kept asking where Derk was and when she would be going home.  She seemed so confused and it is heartbreaking.  When it was time to go Aunt LaR loaded us up with goodies from Winco they had picked up that day, the kids were excited!  It was great to spend some time chatting with Aunt LaR and I'm excited to see her more this fall as Shanae is getting married in November!!

No comments: