Saturday, October 19, 2013

Christmas Question

I was sitting at the table yesterday morning with Maddy eating breakfast.  The older kids were gone to school already and she just looks at me and says, "Mom does Santa really bring us gifts or do you and Dad just bring them from downstairs for us?"  Wow, I was shocked, we haven't even begun to talk about Christmas yet.  I lied, "Santa does. Why do you ask?"  And by then Wyatt chimed in about Santa bringing presents and the conversation changed quickly.  I was still shocked though.  I bet she won't be a believe for long.  I love the excitement of Christmas but I hate lying to my kids, and I know its all in the fun of Christmas but it still feels like lying to me.  I think I'll be relieved when it all comes out, though I hope they still have a few more years of believing.  

No comments: