Friday, October 11, 2013

Just thinking when I should be working

When I sit down at the computer every night to work I get all the remembrances of things I wished I would have done that day.  And lets be honest the list is pretty similar every day.  Depressingly so. Every night I think why can't I get my act together and do these simple things every day??  But the list seems so long and there never seems to be enough time in the day to get to anything, except work, because hey I have to do that and make some money.  But even there I do the minimum.  I guess it is just the simple truth that five children are a lot of work and take up a lot of time, and just a lot of taking care of the basics time, not time to get all the little details and big projects done time.  I get a load of laundry done here and there, but never fully caught up, always 3 or 4 loads behind, always a load of dishes behind, two days behind on vacuuming and mopping, and a week or so behind on bathrooms, a few months behind on cleaning the garage, and a few more months behind on taking that run to the DI and organizing all those clothes the kids have outgrown.  Months behind on cleaning blinds and sorting out old toys and hanging up pictures on the wall.  But today we made time to make cookies together and decorate them and to meet our cousins at the pumpkin patch to play and to have lunch with daddy at work and then more play time with our cousins.  And the girls set up the Sweet Feet Salon in their room and gave me a pedicure and we spent an hour or more teaching the older girls to play cats cradle with a piece of string.  So I guess for the next 20 years or so while I have children at home I will be behind on everything, but as long as we make memories and spend time together that will be okay right?  But, as far as all those little things, those I NEED to do.  Time to get a schedule written up....

No comments: