Thursday, May 7, 2015

Surprise!!

In 2 days I will be 12 weeks pregnant.  My 9th pregnancy, hopefully baby #6.  I am far enough along I am not concerned about miscarrying so much now.  I think this is the farthest along I have been where no one really knows yet.  A few close friends of mine know, and I told Rachel and Stephanie when I saw them in Oklahoma, but otherwise no family knows yet.  I think mainly because it was a rough start for us.  Rob and I were both so shocked, even though people may think that sounds silly, but we had been doing the same prevention plans as we have been for the last 2 years or so.  I guess sometimes it just doesn't work.  We honestly didn't even bring it up for a few weeks or month or maybe more.  I talked to Lynsey about it.

Before I got the positive test I had been talking/joking with Lynsey and Rob for months about having another.   It was still on my mind constantly and hard to ignore, but I knew Rob wouldn't go for it.  So maybe this accidental pregnancy was part of the plan all along to get this spirit down here to our family.  And I can feel confident that this is the last one.

From about week 5 to week 8 I was nauseous almost all day long.  Eating helped, but trying to figure out what to eat was a nightmare.  And to top it off for the first month after we found out I was pregnant I had 2 nasty colds that lasted a whole month.  Talk about miserable.  Once week 8 hit I was less nauseous, but I still feel off when I go too long without eating.  And I still have to force myself to eat in the mornings to feel okay.  And pretty much my exercising has gone out the window with feeling yucky for so long and being so tired all the time.  I'm planning to get back into a walking/jogging routine soon.

I think we will tell the kids and the rest of the family this weekend.  It is Mother's Day weekend and my mom is in town before they head out of the country for 6 months.  She'll be in New Zealand when I am due.  Oh by the way, my due date is November 21.  I got a positive pregnancy test on March 16, 2015.

No comments: