After I had Wyatt my mom and my little brother Riley flew down from Alaska to come and help me out. It was much needed, I am not sure how I would have done anything without their help! My mom was so great with the girls, especially Hannah and Megan, (Maddy still mostly wanted me). They would wrestle with her and read books forever with her. She sat and colored with them and did science experiments with them and bought them little toys and coloring books! I felt bad for her and Riley because the girls would not leave them alone!! They just talked their ears off the whole time they were here showing them everything in their rooms and telling them anything they could think of! Every night they would ask Grandma how many more nights she was going to be staying at our house, they were so sad to see her go.
It was so great for me to have my mom here. It was great knowing the girls were taken care of and having fun while I was so preoccupied with the new baby. It was nice to go shopping with her and go to lunch. I didn't feel like doing a whole lot but it was great to just hang out at home too. We can't wait for her next visit, hopefully we can get out and do a lot more fun things. We love you Grandma in Alaska! "We call her that because she lives in Alaska" Hannah tells her friends!
2 comments:
Cute post. I know what you're saying about the kids talking their ears off. Mine did the same thing, especially with Riley. He didn't get a moment to himself.
That's funny because we call her our Alaskan Grandma too.
It was great to see you guys! We had a lot of fun at your house. Your little kids are so adorable!
Post a Comment