Tuesday, July 12, 2011

In Memory of My Dad

























In honor of my Dad's birthday on June 12 we went to Leatherby's, one of our favorite places to go as a family when we were kids. It was also where we went when I graduated high school. We have a memory that we share of going to Leatherby's and my Dad orders the biggest order they have, it is pictured above, and he actually gets a little embarassed when they bring it out to him because he says everyone stares at it and wonders who could be getting that huge thing! But, my dad loved to eat. Honestly I can't remember if he finished it or not, but my brother Ryan did (with the help of some of the kids). I love their fries and Gretchen's Golden Nugget is what I order. It is delicious! It was great to go with the family and remember Dad, we even sang happy birthday to him while we were there, maybe we looked a little crazy singing to someone who wasn't there, but I believe he was there with us, enjoying Leatherby's like we always did. I think it will become a new tradition, a time to remember Grandpa Shane and the fun legacy he left for us. Happy Birthday Dad! I love and miss you!!




















1 comment:

Melinda said...

that was so fun. Definitely a new tradition!