Monday, February 20, 2012

I really can't believe it....but here we go again!

Is it weird that I take a picture of the pregnancy test? I just like looking at it....somehow seeing it convinces me that it is really happening. This is what Rob and I call our "Christmas Miracle." I had been feeling sick for a few days, but thought I had just caught some bug but nothing too bad. Christmas Eve I was really quite bad and layed in bed most of the night leaving Rob to do all the work. I woke up feeling fine Christmas morning though. When I talked to my mom that day and told her how I had been feeling the few days before she of course asked if there was a chance I could be pregnant. I told her, emphatically, no way! I said, "If I am, it would be a Christmas miracle." Well, curiosity got the best of me and later that afternoon I took a test....and it was POSITIVE! I called Rob into the bathroom and I said, "Look at this." I was visibly shaking and felt like my legs were going to give out on me. He calmly looked at it, then at me, and said, "Well, I guess it was just meant to be." Then we gathered the kids up and headed out the door to Rob's parent's house, still trying to digest what had really just gone down.

Rob's family all found out that day about our big news and so I called my mom and then told our immediate family only at first. On February 10th we told our kids by doing a little scavenger hunt with clues to find baby items. Their reactions were a lot of fun and sure made me more excited. Hannah's first reaction was, "How are you going to take care of five kids!" Which, really, who knows? Megan jumped up and down screaming with excitement and Maddy and Wyatt were like, "Okay, sure." Wyatt does like to tell us he has a baby in his tummy too now and Maddy asks when she can see the baby and hold it. All the kids say they want a brother, except Maddy, she wants a little sister. But, then just today Wyatt changed his vote and he now wants a sister too. The kids have been telling everyone too! Especially Megan, she just blurts it out, "My mom is going to have a baby!"

Today I had my first appointment. They told me they calculate my due date as August 30th, but I am telling myself September since I am usually a week or more after my due date. And, they were able to hear the heartbeat!! I was surprised because with my other ones we never heard it that early (or I didn't know I was pregnant that early, Wyatt). I am still in a bit of shock about the whole thing, even though I am seeing physical changes in my body and I suffered through 10 weeks of nausea, it still is hard to believe we will be welcoming baby #5 this year! Rob thinks it will be a girl, I think a boy, only 8 more weeks until we will know!

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

AAAAAHHHHHH!!! I'm so excited for you guys!! I love, love this post. & I can't wait to find out what gender this little muffin will be! :)

Jenny said...

I am so happy for you!