Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Hadley is 5 Months

February 1, 2013















Hadley turned 5 months, it is just flying by!  She was extra wiggly this time around when I tried to get her pictures, pushing herself out of the bouncer and kicking her legs.  Megan even held her arms so she could stand for a picture because she was just being so wiggly.  She is now rolling over all the time and learning to sit up, which she can do supported, but not all alone yet.  She is starting to reach out for me and she is also starting to act shy around people she isn't familiar with and bury her head into me.  She is sure starting to get big and I can't believe it.  She is so interested in eating food and I started solids this week, so about 5 1/2 months, and she acts like she has been doing it forever, she loves it!  Last week I just moved her out of the bassinette in our room to her own crib 100% of the time and we are both adjusting to that.  She wakes up way more than I remembered when she was in our room, but maybe it is just the walk down the hall that makes it so much more noticeable.  Hopefully with starting solids and some persistence on my part she will start sleeping better at night, fingers crossed for that!  Her naps are okay, some are short, some are long, it is unpredictable, but she seems to get what she needs because she always wakes up happy.  She has gotten into a routine of going to bed around 7 every night so that is nice and I think she is about done with the last nap, the one around 5 p.m.  She continues to be drowned in affection from all of us, the girls love taking her to their room and take turns reading books to her and she gets great cuddles from Dad when he gets home from work, and she loves to kick the keyboard while I try to type, like she is doing right now. :)  Happy 5 months Hadley!

No comments: