Thursday, February 21, 2013

Recognizing the Spirit

So, in an attempt to share more personal things and not just our adventures, I had an experience this week I would like to remember.  I made it to Relief Society this sunday, which between Hadley and my calling in nursery doesn't always happen.  Kristi Wilkins was teaching about recognizing the spirit in our lives and she shared that she felt prompted to stick to the basics, like the simple ways the spirit can touch our lives if we listen for it.  I was really touched by her lesson and a lot of it I could relate to, simple things like having a feeling to take one way home instead of another, and who knows if something bad would have happened had I not chose a specific route home, but I try to listen anyway.  Well this Monday was a holiday and I had work off, and I knew I had a busy week coming up.  I had the idea or maybe impression to make the cookies I would be needing on Thursday that day and to just freeze what I needed until Thursday.  So, I followed through with it, enjoyed having cookies that day and getting a little done ahead of time for a busy week.  Well today is Thursday and as soon as Hadley woke up I could tell she was off.  She wouldn't let me put her down and was fussy and now has a fever.  And as she sits on my lap asleep as I type this I am grateful to have listened to that impression to get the cookies made since I don't know how I would have done it with a sick baby today.  So, even though it may be simple, really insignificant, it feels nice to know my Heavenly Father is looking out for me and wants to guide me if I will listen for the promptings from the spirit. 

No comments: