We went out the day after Thanksgiving to get our tree and it was "nice" weather, at least not freezing, but it was still stressful for me! Wyatt wouldn't stop screaming until I got him out of his car seat, then Maddy fell out of the stroller and scraped up her nose and forehead, and the girls were just running all over looking at the trees and I couldn't keep track of them! Rob also decided on a huge tree, which oh well right, next year maybe I can pick a more reasonably sized one! I don't think it helped that I was up all night Black Friday shopping, maybe that isn't the best combination for getting the tree. The mess of decorating it and getting out all the totes just put me over the edge and I was no longer in the Christmas spirit. We let the tree sit over night and then I was in a better mood the next morning and the girls decorated it all by themselves, after Rob put on the lights! We have some clumps of ornaments and they are all pretty low on the tree, but it was fun to see the girls having so much fun doing it!
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Getting the Tree
We went out the day after Thanksgiving to get our tree and it was "nice" weather, at least not freezing, but it was still stressful for me! Wyatt wouldn't stop screaming until I got him out of his car seat, then Maddy fell out of the stroller and scraped up her nose and forehead, and the girls were just running all over looking at the trees and I couldn't keep track of them! Rob also decided on a huge tree, which oh well right, next year maybe I can pick a more reasonably sized one! I don't think it helped that I was up all night Black Friday shopping, maybe that isn't the best combination for getting the tree. The mess of decorating it and getting out all the totes just put me over the edge and I was no longer in the Christmas spirit. We let the tree sit over night and then I was in a better mood the next morning and the girls decorated it all by themselves, after Rob put on the lights! We have some clumps of ornaments and they are all pretty low on the tree, but it was fun to see the girls having so much fun doing it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Holy Cow, that's a big tree. I know about the stress, Ry has to remind me all the time to chill out, but I just think Mom's just naturally have to "deal" with more with the kids. Good job for getting it done. We're doing ours next Wednesday.
Love you!
I totally know how you feel I had to laugh reading this. We got out our decorations the other day and I said "jed I just don't want to get them all out this year, I just want to do the tree" and he looked at me like I am crazy, but I seriously can't handle it all. I am sooooo bah humbug and I decided I need to be more fun, so I made a paper chain last night with the kids. But I still felt like not in the christmas spirit, and I don't know how to get into it! :)
Post a Comment