We blessed Wyatt on Sunday December 6th and even though we woke up to newly fallen snow we still had a great turnout of people to support us and Wyatt! I am so grateful to everyone who brought food and helped out so much, it makes things go so much smoother.
We actually made it to church early and Wyatt was asleep and ready to go, but right as Rob was getting him out of the car seat to take him up he spit up all over, Jason said he saw it come out his nose even!! We tried to hurry and wipe him up, but I was told by people in the circle that he had a big glob of spit up on his face that his dad didn't care to clean off. Oh well, right?
Rob gave a beautiful blessing to Wyatt and blessed him to stay focused on spiritual things and to reach the temple one day. He bless him to have a fun and healthy life and to live close to his Heavenly Father and Jesus.
The day was especially sweet for me, to have my sweet boy blessed and to remember how truly blessed I am with four beautiful children. At the end of the meeting my Uncle Brad, who is my Dad's brother, got up and bore his testimony and said he was there in behalf of my father who couldn't be there because we had lost him to cancer 6 years ago. He said that he knew my dad was proud of the choices that Rob and I had made and testified that he knew angels were among us because my dad was there. I felt the spirit so strong and I know that he was there! I could close my eyes and picture him and feel him giving me a huge hug, just like he did when he was alive!! Oh how I miss you Dad, but I am so grateful for the example you were to me and for the legacy you have left behind for us to remember! It was such an amazing experience!
After church we had the big party and it was so much fun to visit with family and friends who drove so far to support us. Thank you everyone for coming, we know that we are truly loved! It was just such a great day and to top it off Wyatt was an ANGEL the whole day, never cried and just was so sweet! We love you Wyatt, thank you Heavenly Father for sending him to us!
No comments:
Post a Comment