I got this idea from a blog I like to read http://71toes.com/. She wanted her kids and herself to remember the nitty gritty of motherhood... you know the day to day stuff. So...I am picking today.
5:30 a.m. -Alarm goes off, push snooze.
5:35 a.m.- Alarm goes off, push snooze.
5:40 a.m.-Alarm goes off, roll out of bed, put on running clothes, quietly use the bathroom, quietly tiptoe past sleeping children's rooms, slip on shoes, and quietly slip outside through the sliding door in the back into the chilly air.
5:45 a.m.-Meet up with some woman in the neighborhood for a 5 mile run.
6:45 a.m.-Sneak back into the house, quietly walk past sleeping children's rooms, and jump into the shower before anyone wakes up.
7:00-8:00 a.m.-Throw on some comfy clothes, because I don't want to think about what to wear, grab a brush and brush my own hair while telling the kids to get dressed, make their beds, brush their teeth, brush their hair, etc. Megan wants to take a bath, but we don't have time before we drop off Hannah for school so I tell her to wait. Head downstairs to start pancakes, Hannah has testing at school today and Iwant her to be full, not just cereal for breakfast. Still trying to finish brushing my hair while I am mixing all the ingredients together. Wyatt and Maddy are now up, telling me they're hungry. I tell Hannah to make her lunch, she can't find her lunchbox. I serve up some pancakes, which Hannah complains are "burned and taste funny" and won't really eat them anyway. I give her some strawberries too, which she says she doesn't like to eat strawberries cold because "they hurt my teeth." The kids are playing around, not really eating. I make Hannah's lunch while I finish cooking up the rest of the batter. I put her lunch in a ziploc, hopefully she finds her lunchbox at school today. I tried to get her to do school lunch, she wouldn't go for it. I even went online to see what they were having today, turkey and potatoes, but still a no go. I tell Hannah to grab her backpack and everyone get your shoes on, we're leaving to take Hannah to school. Megs, Mads, and Wy are still all in pajamas.
8:00-8:15-We drop Hannah off at school and come back home.
8:15-9:00-I get the three kids in the bath together, I think they are getting too big for this as I see their legs all tangled all over and not much room to move around in the tub. I wash everyone's hair and rinse it, which they don't like, and then I let them play for a mintue while I bring my blowdryer into their bathroom to blow dry my hair and still keep an eye on them. As soon as the splashing starts to get crazy we pull the drain and get out. I chase Wy down to get his diaper on, the girls get their underwear on and get dressed. Maddy needs help finding pants. I make Megan change because she has worn that same outfit every day she has preschool. I pick out something I like. I do Megan and Maddy's hair, Megan doesn't like what I do and I have to take it out.
9:00 a.m.-I turn on Milo and Otis for Maddy and Wyatt so I can do reading lessons with Megan.
9:30 a.m.-Wyatt is throwing a fit, crying, says he's hungry. I take him downstairs and Maddy follows, I give them leftover pancakes and peaches for a snack.
10:00 a.m.-Get online to check my email, facebook, et cetera. Get a phone call, visiting teaching tomorrow at 9:00 a.m.
10:30-11:00 a.m.-Did puzzles with the kids, Megs and I did 100 piece Tinkerbell puzzle together. Oh, and Megan asks me to do her hair like I had before she asked me to take it out.
11:00-12:35-Fed the kids lunch, picked up toys, put laundry away, got Megs off to preschool, read books to Maddy and Wyatt, put them down for a nap, hung a few things on the walls I have been meaning to do for literally years, unloaded and loaded the dishwasher.
12:35-2:00 p.m.-Got myself some lunch and sat down at the computer to work...slow day today, work isn't coming in very quickly.
2:00-2:45-The kids wake up from their nap, need a snack. Megan gets home from school and does her homework.
2:45-5:45Pick up Hannah at school, come home get a snack, she does her homework, does her reading as I supervise. The kids start a movie, friends come over to play, more friends come over to play, my friend comes over, I get to have some adult conversations. I throw in a load of laundry.
5:45-8:30 Rob gets home from work and quickly changes. We load the kids up in the car to go to Classic Skating for Hannah's school. The kids skate and scooter to their hearts content and I spend my time counting heads and keeping track of my four munchkins and taking trips to the bathroom with Maddy. We get dinner there, a slice of pizza and a drink and the kids keep playing.
8:30-We load up the kids and head home, get jammies on, teeth brushed, into bed, we skip books and forget to say family prayer.
9:00-12:00 a.m.I sit down at the computer to work (now its busy)....and check out blogs (hey they keep me awake). I call it a night at 12:00 a.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment