After what felt like forever, but was really only 2 months, Hannah got her cast off! I was preparing myself for this horribly atrophied arm that would just look disgusting, but what I saw instead was a little bit of dead skin on an arm that looked practically like her other. I guess thats what you get when you are already skin and bones like HBug. It was super stinky though, like a really gross stinky foot and I was so glad when she pushed the old cast into the garbage. We took a look at the inside of it and it was not a pretty site! We washed her arm up as best as we could in the office and then they took x-rays to make sure it really was okay to have the cast off. Everything looks great and he just said to avoid high risk activities for a few weeks. She babied her arm a little bit, for like 15 minutes, and then we noticed she was using it just like normal and she hasn't complained since. She has only said sometimes she still feels like it is on her arm, I guess a phantom cast! She did have baby soft skin on her palm, it felt just like her baby skin again.
Thursday, December 22, 2011
Hannah Gets Her Cast Off!
After what felt like forever, but was really only 2 months, Hannah got her cast off! I was preparing myself for this horribly atrophied arm that would just look disgusting, but what I saw instead was a little bit of dead skin on an arm that looked practically like her other. I guess thats what you get when you are already skin and bones like HBug. It was super stinky though, like a really gross stinky foot and I was so glad when she pushed the old cast into the garbage. We took a look at the inside of it and it was not a pretty site! We washed her arm up as best as we could in the office and then they took x-rays to make sure it really was okay to have the cast off. Everything looks great and he just said to avoid high risk activities for a few weeks. She babied her arm a little bit, for like 15 minutes, and then we noticed she was using it just like normal and she hasn't complained since. She has only said sometimes she still feels like it is on her arm, I guess a phantom cast! She did have baby soft skin on her palm, it felt just like her baby skin again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How brave is she to let him saw it off!? I think that would freak me out a little. :) Go Hannah!!
Post a Comment