Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Carving Pumpkins and Trick or Treating



Look at that grin, she was LOVING it!  Hannah was such a good helper with Hadley.



















I know it is so dark, but Rob and Wyatt were so cute walking together.  Wyatt was tired and having a hard time keeping up with the girls towards the end of the night.

So, the kids pretty much love carving pumpkins.  I usually don't really love it, but it wasn't as hard this year as they are getting older.  When they got home from school we got it all ready and I cut out all the kids and cleaned out most of the all of the pumpkins, they all helped on their own and I did the final scrape out.  Wyatt wouldn't touch the slime or seeds at all though.  Then they picked out what they wanted and about that time Rob got home from work.  He went to town on Wyatt's and got it knocked out quick, he wanted a spider.  Then we both helped Maddy and Megan with theirs and Hannah's did hers all alone.  Maddy and Megan both did a kitty and Hannah did the headless horseman.  We emptied Hadley's pumpkin but didn't carve anything as she really didn't care. :)  She just loved sticking her hand in and cleaning it out. Then we went to Sonic for dinner, they were doing 50 cent corn dogs (thanks for the tip from my running friends).  Then the kids got changed and we all headed out together.  I usually stay home but since Hadley was old enough I wanted to go with the kids.  We put a bowl of candy out while we were gone.  Hadley was quiet the whole time in a stroller, she ate only a few suckers. :)  We saw lots of neighbors and friends out and it was a lot of fun.  The kids got so excited when one house gave them full size candy bars!  They were so much quicker this year than in previous years, they would run between houses and stay way ahead of us, until the end when Wyatt started to really drag.  I finally broke off and headed home to put Hadley to bed and Rob was only a few minutes behind me with the kids.  They came home and dumped out their loot and ate some and then had fun passing out candy at the door.  I made them hot chocolate to warm up, talk about sugar overload, but it was a great night!

No comments: