Friday, December 6, 2013

Thanksgiving Day 2013

 Hannah and Rob got all the potatoes ready.




So so tired and she wanted Grandpa's ears.
Maddy was listening intently to Grandpa's storytelling.

I wish I could say Thanksgiving was a totally pleasant day with no upsets or craziness, but it is not so.  That morning we had a huge fight with Hannah about her wearing pants to Thanksgiving.  I know, it sounds so stupid right?  I mean what does it matter?  Is it worth fighting over?  But you know she picks out pants and tells me she will wear them and I spend money on them for her and then she NEVER touches them.  I warned her that morning that I expected her to wear pants that day and she put on her too short skirt anyway.  Then 2.5 hours followed of screaming and crying and fit throwing.  You should see the way she throws herself around on the ground and cries, it is embarrassing really.  And then yesterday she went to her friend's house and her friend's mom asked her to change into some of Natalie's pants before they went outside to play in the snow and guess what, she did it, no fit, no problem!!  She just loves to push my buttons with this issue.  I cannot describe in words how frustrating it is for me! Anyway, after a horrible, terrible, no good morning we got out of the house (with Hannah wearing pants and crying) and went to see Frozen with Mark and Kathy and Keith Cochrane.  The movie was great and the kids had a lot of fun and Hannah was in a much better mood after sleeping in the car on the way up.  Oh my, that is funny.  Anyway, dinner was delicious as always and we had a good time the rest of the day.

Now since it is December and below freezing temperatures lets hope she will wear some pants without a huge fight every time!

No comments: