Saturday, December 21, 2013

Driving day #2-Arriving in Oklahoma

December 21, 2013



 We had such good weather most of the drive on Saturday and then about the last 200 miles or so we hit an ice storm.  We still were able to make good time, but it was a little scary and I was nervous, but we were blessed with safety.   When we got to Stephanie and Lance's house we were so thrilled and were greeted with huge hugs!  Aunt Paul and Uncle Jerry stopped by a few minutes later, they had just picked up their Christmas tree and were heading home.  We ended up going there for dinner that night and the kids got to help decorate their tree.

















We only had a few casualties, Aunt Paula broke one and so did Megan or maybe Maddy, I can't remember which one now dropped a bulb.  Uncle Jerry loves tinsel and the kids thought it was the best to put on the tree so we may need to get some next year.  The kids took no time at all warming up to Lance and Stephanie.  They are two of the kindest people I have ever met.

No comments: